A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Goose in the Tree Tops

TexWisGirl of Run*A*Round Ranch has her Black-bellied Whistling-ducks that love to perch on tree limbs. I am always fascinated to see her pictures of ducks in trees. Well I never imagined I would discover a Canada Goose doing that very exact thing.
This one is for you TWG.

Here is a short one minute video of the goose. At the end we discover why he/she was perched high in the tree. You will be able to hear a honk from it's mate and with an immediate honk in reply off it flies to be together again. It was searching for it's loved one and explains the constant looking in all directions.
I didn't edit out at the end so as to continue listening to the joy the goose was feeling at the moment of discovery.

This is linked to Springman's Pine River Review 

23 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! Such JOY is felt by that bird. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time I have seen a goose in a tree! Great video!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I've never seen a Canada do that before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would have thought!
    Great video for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe he thinks he's a robin. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful to see John... I have seen mallards in trees before but never a goose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo and video and how interesting to see the goose up in the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a really interesting sight, never seen before!! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute, great video. I have seen ducks in trees but never a goose. Happy Birding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's something I've never seen - a goose in a tree. that's hilarious. lucky you that you got photos and a video. I can never get a shot off fast enough to capture birds so I stopped trying - they're out of focus or too far away. happy day to you and your buddy Sinbad. plant a kiss on his head from Ms. Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Signs and wonders!
    Seems like we're both seeing strange sights John!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great little video! I was so happy for the geese!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen them in a tree! Loved the video ... and hearing her joy in finding her mate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful video! And great photos of that unusual sight!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So nice of him to pose for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great captures of the Canada Goose up high. Glad it found it's mate

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow sweet! I am still smiling.
    Interesting to see that the goose sought a vantage point to look for her love.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so touching, when she hears the call of her love.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an interesting capture. I've never seen a goose in a tree. And the video is great, seeing her react with joy to her mate's call.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing! I have seen a zillion
    Canada Geese (they sort of allow us to share space with them where we stay in the summer, in Oregon) but never have I seen one in a tree. Great series.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.