The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Lizard and Cholla

I have never seen a lizard colored as this one was.





The only cholla flower I saw.

Silly as it sounds, I am more comfortable around that rattlesnake than I am with cholla.

7 comments:

  1. The lizard is beautiful indeed, a very nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as "nasty" as the cholla is, I am DEFINITELY not more comfortable around the rattlesnake! Even the jumping cholla doesn't scare me like that snake! Your photo of the bloom was especially nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that lizard looks like an Agma of some colouration. What an absolute cracking shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are super duper photos. have you noticed that photos no longer enlarge when clicked on? I tried that with the first shot - I was hoping for a better look at the color on his tail. no matter, the color is beautiful. that last shot just blows me away. I love everything about it.
    happy day to you and your buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you made me laugh on the rattlesnake statement. really like that lizard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally get that. I always give cholla a wide berth. Hope it wasn't one of those "jumping cholla."

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.