A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Tuesday, May 22, 2012

What I Didn't Miss

Even though the eclipse was not what I expected I wasn't that disappointed for after all, its about the journey, not the destination.  And too, you meet the nicest people on the road.  I mentioned the lady who showed me the pictures she got simple by holding the "Eclipse Viewing Shield" in front of her camera.  Well she sent me the pictures and here they are.  Quite spectacular I say.  These are hand held and straight out of the camera.
Thank you to Guay Markham for sharing her amazing photos.



12 comments:

  1. This is so amazing to see, I like the third one most. Very nice the lady sent you her photos to use, so we can see the eclips too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of her to send the photos! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy smokes! she did get the ring of fire! so neat!

    thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss all the good ones because I am old and tired and sound asleep. Gotta be sure I am up next year. These shots are really awesome. The ring is far prettier than I would have expected. Amazing and oh, so remarkable. genie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss all the good ones because I am old and tired and sound asleep. Gotta be sure I am up next year. These shots are really awesome. The ring is far prettier than I would have expected. Amazing and oh, so remarkable. genie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John...WOW..isn't that amazingly crazy!!
    Thanks to the lady and to you for sharing these!!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! John these are wonderful images... looks like she really knew what she was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool... My photography instructor darkened his whole living room and made a camera obscura, by making one small hole where the sun wanted to enter--and be projected across the room on a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great! The last time we had a solar eclipse in our area was in the early 1980s. It was fun to have daylight go dark--and a little unnerving. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.