A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Saturday, June 23, 2012

Don't Lock Us Out


Sinbad and I are taking off for a short excursion up north through our state park's redwoods.  I thought it best to go before the State of California closes them down the end of the month due to Sacramento's mis-management of funds, ...uh I mean due to budget cuts. 





Okay, only two of the six redwood parks are on the hit list of 70 state parks to be shut down July 1st. One of those two appears to have got a reprieve but I'm not taking any chances when it comes to our state government.  We'll return to Blogland in a week.  Take lots of pictures while we're away. We will.

14 comments:

  1. I'm wondering how you pack Sinbad for the excursions? Does he go in a carrier, or have a special space in the van? Enjoy the redwoods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be anxiously awaiting your photos - be safe and have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you'll have a wonderful time John. Looking forward to the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful area that I have never been to. I keep saying I'm going to get there but haven't yet. Hope I can go when they are still open.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun, stay safe and return with lots of great pics - we'll be waiting.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. 70 state parks to be shut down?! Holy budget-crisis! I hope some of them are open again when we get out that way in 4 years. I'd be lost if they closed up Wisconsin state parks. I know Michigan had to close some last year, and they have a beautiful park system, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a good time and look forward to seeing new photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that last capture, with the single fern leaf lit by the sun!
    And the view looking straight up at the trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The redwoods are amazingly beautiful. So sad that many state parks will be shut down. I'm glad you're getting out to enjoy at least one of those parks before it's unavailable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Stunning shots! I love our state parks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I especially love the one looking up. Exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way light filters down into woods especially when it's starting to get green. You've just caught the feeling perfectly here.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.