A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Monday, June 18, 2012

Tuolumne Meadows

Tenya Lake

Tuolumne Meadows.  The campground was closed as were all the visitor services as things usually do not open till July.   At 8600' usually there is a heavy snow pak in May, but not this year.

Lembert Dome

They were just in the process of stocking the canvas structure store, hauling in mattresses for the tent cabins so perhaps they would open sooner this year due to the light winter. They had only a few days to go before the onslaught of the Memorial Day Weekend tourists but I don't think that was their goal.


Anyway, I brought my own accommodations and grub.  Oops, I left the door open.  Well I meant to do that so Sinbad could sniff the fresh alpine air.  I think he was sleeping anyway.

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful lake in that first photo! Do you enjoy dry camping? We haven't tried it - other than in the tent we used to use - before the days of the RV and the "luxury" life! Glad Sinbad was napping when you left the door open - he's not a wanderer, is he? I also loved that view of the stream - what a pretty area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the 2nd to last shot - the fallen trees in front w/ blues and greens behind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your pictures. Looking forward to more. I always feel like I've gone on a journey when I look at your blog.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to visit John!
    I hope Sinbad haven't slept all the time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. # 1 photo is B E A U T I F U L!!!!
    Sure wish I could of seen it too. Those blues, and the snow. It would be worth getting cold to the bone to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope Sinbad enjoyed the beauty and the fresh air.
    What a gorgeous area! We're very low on snowpack in Utah, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fine photos, John. The place names all sound familiar to me - John Muir? Ansel Adams? Maybe both?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful images John... it looks like a stunning area to visit.
    I would love to own a camper one day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a bit jealous of your camper, would love to have one of those! Must be a great area to drive around, these photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great place for a hike. I hope Sinbad got the chance to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My absolutely most favorite camping area. Nothing like the high country.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like that shot with the logs in the foreground!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.