A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, August 10, 2012

Motivation


A selfie from Bodie Ghost Town.
I kind of like this picture but don't know what to do with it except share it with you.

I mentioned how I haven't taken my camera out for some exercise in quite sometime and therefore have been going through some old material - tours through RV's and the like.  Well today I think it finally dawned on me why I haven't been in the mood for any picture taking.  In a couple of weeks Sinbad and I will take off on a long road trip and we're excited as to what we will see.  And when you are excited about seeing something new and different, you naturally want to take pictures of it.  Therefore, with so much excitement building over being in such exotic and fascinating places, how can one get motivated to go out and take pictures around home?  Anyway, this great revelation came upon me as I was doing research today as to what to see in the various states we plan to pass through.  It is all too much to do at once, so I do a state a day.  Whew!



13 comments:

  1. with eager anticipation and fun travel plans ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you were longing for a beer, taking the picture... Nice you go on travel again, we wait and see for the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree! We are leaving next Saturday for a short trip to Pigeon Forge, TN and I can hardly wait for the photographic opportunities I am sure we will find! Like that selfie, by the way. Those surprise ones are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a very interesting shot John, well done!
    Have a good weekend. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I can't wait to see what's coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like that selfie, too! the 'stache is right out of the old west. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool pic John. have fun planning your trip.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. "the various states we plan to pass through" this sounds like a big, big trip coming up! I'm curious where you and Sinbad are going to. But I guess we will see it when you get there.
    Have a great weekend John.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's more like a tease. Nice reflection too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun self portrait! I know the feeling about getting camera fatigue. I've exhausted just about every place around my neighborhood and surrounding environments that I just don't take my camera out as much anymore. I've been doing lots with Instagram though and my iPhone....it's so much easier. Have fun on your upcoming trip. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful SP, John, it's suits you perfectly. Looking forward to your upcoming adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where are you going on this trip in a few weeks with Sinbad?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.