A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Friday, September 21, 2012

Hitchhikers


We are in the deserts of Arizona, familiar territory, so we must be getting close to home. 

Here Sinbad is admiring the desert sunset. 

These fellows are in the foot-well right above Sinbad's head.  They have been there since Iowa? Kansas?  I don't remember when.  Quite a few miles at least.

But this is a new one I just noticed last night.  That is the vent for the hot water heater on the side.
Like Pete Kibble, there is a grasshopper hopping around on one leg somewhere in the mid-west.

Thank you everyone who's been following along on our journey.  But it is not over by any means.  I have lots of pictures to share and stories to tell for some time.



12 comments:

  1. John, you make me laugh! I have loved your journey...every day is a new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you'd have made it to texas, i'd have been happy to load up a few million hoppers onto your vehicle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hoppers look seriously freaky, laying like that. I usually see bugs squashed, not whole with their legs laying there like a human being. CREEPY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! Seeing the death and destruction left in your wake--I don't know what to think. Glad you're almost home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am learning a lot, even if I am not posting a lot of comments! I look forward to the continuing saga...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing more pictures. And I love good stories. :)
    Have a good weekend John!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cats love crickets too...

    You know all the pleasure in following you adventures is ours, really... Can't wait to see the pictures you brought.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a fun trip and I didn't have to leave my office.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You need to find a good rest stop where the birds can come down and feed on those guys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sinibad is looking good in the sun. The grasshoppers... not so much!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.