The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

It's Open Season!


It is beginning mushroom and fungi season again and I am so excited.
  I enjoy the thrill of the hunt and then capturing these elusive little creatures in pixels.
  These fellows are only 2 to 3 inches (5 to 7.6 cm) tall.


This is linked to Lisa's Macro Monday

20 comments:

  1. They are beautiful, we have them here too in the hot tropics after a strong and heavy rains. Lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful, we have them here too in the hot tropics after a strong and heavy rains. Lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also a big fan of fungi, but all ours are covered with snow now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A magical little umbrella tree land for the fairies!
    Lovely shot!
    I don't think I could get down far enough to get a shot like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice shots - always a sign that things are getting damp when the 'shrooms start to pop up.

    I enjoy the abstract detail of buildings - so a reasonable number of my macro shots look at details!

    cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love this time of the year when the fungi is at its best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hunt for fungi is like a treasure hunt, something most tend to over look. You have caught some beauties here. Great lighting too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great mushrooms .... what will happen if you eat those ?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice pic John!
    I'm glad to know I'll see more mushroom and fungi shots! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is always a miracle each year to see them appear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this photo! I love mushrooms too - the edible kind, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a magical shot...makes me think of gnome land. Wonderful photo. genie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful shot! I like the earthy tones with the fresh greens.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really wonderful!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.