The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Road to Sugarloaf

Sugarloaf State Park is right across the highway from where I live.

Captured with my little Canon point & shoot

This is linked to Jan's Straight-Out-of-Camera-Sunday

14 comments:

  1. Hi John...Very inviting looking scene....nice!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a very nice picture - make me want to have a look around the corner.

    In the post before I seems a shame that the things we did in the "silly sixties" are now banned - and we wonder why kids play on computers! People have told them they will die if they go outside!

    Thanks for the comment on my blog - I've been in Oman for a week hence slow reply!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived in the Santa Rosa area for a couple of years. I don't remember ever visiting Sugarloaf, but the scene on this road brings other memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful photo, like that "porch" in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could be travelling along one of the lanes near me John..
    A lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very pretty. Looks a lot like where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very beautiful... have a terrific Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do everything with a little Canon point and shoot - it's a great gadget.

    I like a tree tunnel - looks like it won't be that green for long now - you've just caught it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great place to explore. Is that where you found the mushrooms? I almost thought you lived in Maryland, because I used to live there, with Sugarloaf Mountain nearby.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.