The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Save the Turkeys!


I don't have a mural depicting a turkey for upcoming Thanksgiving day but the same underlying theme is present in these murals of hunters and the poor pheasant. 
No turkey will have died for our Thanksgiving dinner.

Jud, North Dakota

This moral message mural post is linked to Oakland Daily Photo Monday Mural


8 comments:

  1. both very nicely painted murals...someone has toiled over them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting on this wavy siding must have been a challenge for the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't mind hunting as long as the food is utilized. pretty murals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fascinating subject for a mural. I must agree, as long as it is for food not sport, it doesn't bother me so much, but this is pretty "in your face" about the hunting portion. The second one, concentrating on the beauty of the pheasants is truly great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of dedicated time put into those murals. Hunter or not, the artist seems to admire the beauty of pheasants. Happy non-turkey day and thanks for contributing to Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really neat painted on this vertical siding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work ! The mural and your text. Please have a good Tuesday.

    daily athens photo

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.