The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday Trailer Trash


Somewhere in eastern Arizona off old Route 66

A new roof was built on top of the existing trailer using corrugated tin for the covering which eventually rusted and streaked the sides of the trailer.  That is a target deer leaning up against the side.
And to think someone once lived here.








5 comments:

  1. ...would have some stories to tell behind those 'walls'. Route 66; it's where you get your kicks from right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes a great photo subject, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It reminds me of the movie Into The Wild. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judging by the number of old tires along the fence, people must've lived there for quite some time. I wonder - were they put there to keep wild animals from getting in to a garden or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Must have been a palace in its day.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.