The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Velkommen


Seligman, Arizona


There is so much to like about this sign - its 50's design, the horse shoes, Betty Boop carrying a pizza, but them making sure you know that it is Norwegian owned and you'll be smelling lutefisk instead of curry when walking into the office was pretty smart thinking to me.

From the other direction.


This was a very nice looking and well cared for motel.



10 comments:

  1. Norwegian owned definitely makes the sign, oh ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Betty Boop with a pizza, I can hear her voice.
    Those hearts at the cemetery you see quite often here, people want to make a difference and do something special until everybody does the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just screams American to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both versions are nice but I am partial to the b&w.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool sign, I think the colours are so vivid, but the BW version is better composed. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been to Norway - I hope they're not charging Norwegian prices!! Lucky you've got your own home on wheels.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.