The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Little Shop of Signs


Along with all the games and candy boxes was an assortment of old signs, all new to me.

 
 
 

I like the old detective mystery magazine look to this one.




Then there was this unique selection of band-aids


But the most bizzare item by far was this, and it must have actually been a seller in its time.





7 comments:

  1. Ha,ha, the last one is very funny, I think to prevent a brown finger? Never seen this before. The nameless and shameless woman looks very seductive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew there were so many bandages? I love the wine bar sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just laughing! i loved the 'nameless, shameless women'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome finds! The signs are great, but I have to say my favorite thing is that bright yellow scale in the 5th photo. I'm drooling!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.