A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Thursday, December 27, 2012

On a Road Trip - sort of


A few days ago I featured a few vehicles ideally suited for a road trip.  You may see them here.
Here are some more seen on our tour of the Great Plains but they are not in any shape to take on a road trip.

This Chrysler was seen in Chandler Minnesota and in it's day, 1948 or thereabouts, 
you could do no better for a road trip car.

This early 50's Chevrolet sat alongside the road near Tipton, Missouri

This early 40's Chevrolet sedan was in tiny little Jud, North Dakota. 
Like the Chrysler, this would have been Chevrolet's top of the line.

And this old Ford pickup sat far back off Texas State Highway296 near Dye Rd.,
 in the nothingness of the Texas Panhandle. 

This will be my last post for awhile.  A situation came up and I have to make a drive down to Los Angeles for a few days.  I'll be back next year.
Yes, Sinbad is coming along too.  He already knows something is up.  Smart cat.



 


13 comments:

  1. well I'm glad to say my '47 chassis is in better shape than the Chrysler John. Cool pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those abandoned cars in the fields, amazing. Hope you have a nice drive and to see your posts in the new year again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to restore those!

    Looking forward to your return. I hope all is ok. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the old cars are nice, but i'm a sucker for old pickups.

    be safe! hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool cars! I've got some myself if I can get to posting! Good to see you again, have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos of these old vehicles! Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those are some beauties... The 48 Chrysler looks a lot like our families 47 Pointiac. They were tanks. We didn't have the sun visor, but it was a blazing yellow. In 1961 dad bought a 61 Chevrolet Bel Air and my brother started driving the 47 Pointiac. I drove it on several occasions when I was just a few years shy of the legal age, but miraculously I never got caught joyriding in brother's car. He was 4 years my senior. Anyway, that's the story of my life. Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, looks like you and Sinbad are still going strong!! Nice to catch up on your recent adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cars and trucks sure have changed over the years!! Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Safe journeys! I look forward to your posts when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always interesting to see old antique cars. Nice photos.
    Hope your situation in Los Angeles goes well.
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful old cars/vehicles to see..

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.