A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Monday, December 10, 2012

Pens


These are hand-carved wood ink pens.  As I was taking the photo the guy remarked "What good is that doing me?"  Not sure as to what he was getting at I said the light was good on these and thought it would make an interesting photo for my blog.  "Got a business card?  I'll give you a plug."  So here you are.  In need for a stocking stuffer for Christmas?  Check out www.KenEagle.com  or   e-mail him at KenEagle8808@aol.com

Meanwhile this little feller was enjoying the morning sun at the flea market also.

I am finding that this iPhone is taking perfect photos straight out of the camera.  I've run some (including these) through the few edits I do in my photo program and it changes nothing.  So these are just as they come out of the phone except straightening them out. 
I'm not holding the iPhone level. 
 



11 comments:

  1. Мне понравились ваши фотографии. Особенно ручки, здорово бы было иметь одну из них! Удачи!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John...I have just been through all you post of signs of the past!!
    What a laugh... sure brings back a lot of memories, yes made my teeth hurt thinking about all my
    fillings ; ] !!
    My favorite candy bars Payday and Oh Henry bars!! Tinkertoys, and cut out dolls !!
    My favorite sign you posted is the Big Momma's Saloon LOL..love the danging cigarette!!!
    Your post today made me laugh again the story of the hand carver..you are quick..great you gave him a plug!! : }
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww look at that little Yorkshire terrier front and center. thats some intricate work though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hand carved pens do make a great colourful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pens are so fun, I could have some!
    Lucky cute dog, I'm sure he enhoyed the ride! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such sweet shots. Very enjoyable-


    Wishing YOU
    an Aloha-filled week, from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° >

    > < 3 3 3 ( ' >

    ><}}(°> ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounding like your camera is going to become a 'use-to-be' item. How much easier to slip your phone in your pocket when hiking. The hand-carved pens are very creative, were they imported do you think or did the vendor claim to carve them himself?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what he's selling them for, but World Market has similar ones available also, I considered one for a Christmas gift for someone.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.