A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Thursday, December 6, 2012

Wow! We Got Color TV

Seligman, Arizona

Although this sign may lack the flair from other's I've posted from Route 66, I imagine that the lights run along in motion down to the arrowhead when lit up at night and I bet it looks cool.  But what really dates this sign is the portion that they have New Color TV's.  The motel was clean and well cared for.  It is 57 years old and went through a complete renovation 2 years ago.  They now have HBO and wi-fi but thankfully didn't upgrade the sign to reflect those features.


Some may remember the RCA television commercial from back in the 60's with the catchy tune, well that's where the title for this post comes from.



9 comments:

  1. Colour TV! The thing is I can remember the first time I watched it back in 1969 when I was at college and the landlady where I stayed let me watch it for an hour in the evening. I remember thinking it was like having your own cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took a while before we had television at my parents home and colour took even more time. How times has changed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the motel signs that boast color TV! I still see one here and there when I travel, although they are definitely becoming more rare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad they left it as is, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty awesome sign. Bet it looks a million dollars when all lit up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure it's very flashy and eye-catching at night

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great sign, and looks very well maintained. Good eye to catch this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember this place. Great sign.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.