A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Arkansas Ozarks


Regular followers of our blog may recall my frustration at the time when driving the narrow roads through the Ozark region of Arkansas.  I was forced to pass by many great photo opportunities of little abandoned shacks and shanties for the lack of a place to pull the Little House on the Highway off the road.  I was able to catch a few, but none so much as the character of those left behind.  This later became one of several deciding factors in my choice for our next road trip - the Southern States.







9 comments:

  1. It seems such a nice house, pity it is abandoned. I am afraid it will fall to pieces in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew there could be so much charm in an abandoned property! Yet, there it is...perhaps nostalgia? Great shots! Sure have missed reading your blog - I am hoping to get back on a regular reading schedule after we get back home the beginning of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how houses like this resist through time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, yeah. you're still not gonna stop in here in texas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont breath to hard going past, they might just fall down.
    Cool photos John.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could spend hours there just taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would explore that little place too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like these abandonned houses! Such an air of sadness to them!! But still so fascinating! Somehow, you can't spend so long looking at houses where people live...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like these...I sure can relate to not being able to pull off the road. There is nothing more frustrating.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.