The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday Mural


 Chillicothe, Missouri

Another beauty from Chillicothe depicting an important part of their history.
A side note, all the bricks are painted in; they're not real bricks.




9 comments:

  1. That truly is a beauty! I thought the bricks were real! Extremely well done! Hope you are well...have missed visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good photo on your part. The details really came out. It's interesting how the artist took a pipe on the right side and incorporated into the mural as a utility pole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful historical mural. The bench on the sidewalk looks like part of the scene as does the lawn. I don't suppose the mills are still in operation. Pity. Thanks, John, for contributing to Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such detail; what an artist, I can imagine the blades of grass, and all those bricks; must've takes so many hours to complete

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely beautiful. glad you mentioned the bricks, too. what an awesome, painstaking undertaking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just stopping by to wish you and Sinbad a healthful, happy new year. I look forward to reading about your adventures in the coming year! take care now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful historical tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful historical tribute.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.