The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pink Edsel


Seligman Arizona who really plays their Route 66 card to the maximum for the tourist dollar.


We will be out of town for a few days and I'll not be back to Blogland until we return sometime next week.  


9 comments:

Charlotte said...

There was a pink Edsel for sale in my hometown the year I turned 16. My dad tried to talk me into it, but I was too scared about the cost of keeping it running. He should have told me about the headlights that turn with the steering wheel, that probably would have been cool enough to convince me. What would High School have been like if I'd been driving a pink Edsel? Now I'll never know.

Linda said...

You have to admire their efforts to capitalize on the Rte. 66 fame...love the Edsel!

Stewart M said...

Enjoy the time n the real world!

The boat trips are not at all difficult - but I suppose you do have to be in Tasmania!

Cheers

Stewart M - Melbourne

biebkriebels said...

That is quite an exposure, but I like the "Elvis" car. It looks perfect. Hope to see you soon in Blogland again.

TexWisGirl said...

pretty cool. hope you have a good trip.

grammie g said...

Hi John...you always come up with some great photo's lol !!
Love it!
Have a good and safe trip!!
Grace

Oakland Daily Photo said...

I'll meditate on the vintage car while you're gone. Enjoy your trip.

Randy said...

Seligman is an interesting little town. Enjoy your time away.

P said...

I've been away for sometime, but its a joy to return to such great photos and stories. Cheers.