The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Painted Windows


Jud, North Dakota

My post the other day with the old car had a painted window with chickens in it and here is a close-up of that window and the other window on the building.


The building they were on.

This store front in town also had painted windows, most likely by the same artist. 
 A nice way to spruce up empty looking windows.


Notice the stamped metal wall covering. 




13 comments:

  1. love the mural; unfortunately Blogger is only let me see the first one you've uploaded. I'll come back again later----

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the painted windows. It gives something very refreshing on an otherwise dull construction. !-0 for the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice done, I like the one with the kitty most, but the chickens also look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the murals -- Now we have a new spot to stop bye the next time we're wandering N.D. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The windows are really cool. I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully clever. Both concepts are well done. Terrific way to liven up both structures and make them more appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have chickens on our hobby farm and once I even painted a "fresh eggs" sign on the apron under our kitchen sink at the farm. This brought up some good memories. For some reason I feel like making an omelet...

    ReplyDelete
  8. just love these! love the cat in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I love trompe l'oeil. These images are so convincing, I had trouble telling if the hollihock was real or faux. Thank goodness you published the more distant photo. These small murals reveal a lot of humor. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the lacy curtains in the windows ... and that kitty cat ... waiting for someone to come home.
    Erin from Two to Travel's Viewfinder

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here I am up again for the second night unable to sleep...your chickens have made my night and have left me feeling better about having the miserable winter allergies. genie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I am D***old, but I do not think I was here at the turn of the century, Still, the old bike fascinates me. The accordion is a beauty, and the TV/record layer us a real cutie. Never saw one of those, either. genie

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.