The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Victims of the Dust Bowl?


Oklahoma

A couple abandoned homesteads in the Oklahoma panhandle. 


The one above most certainly could be
but the one below looks too good to be a remenant from the Dirty Thirties.





7 comments:

  1. Cool, last time I was out that way we were driving in a snow storm other times night time...guess I'll have to change the later. Really love the first shot. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first photo is beautiful! It is almost a painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they make great subjects, either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The B&W photo really does look like it could have come from the 30s. Well done. In colour, the second photo seems far more modern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! I so love that first shot...like the second one too. They are just the type of stuff that pulls at the heartstrings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sad sight but they made for nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sometimes wonder what these people felt, whrn they abandonned all that hard work...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.