The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Television - Just More and More of Less and Less



1 in every 4 Americans has appeared on television (I don't make this stuff up)

Well, I am one of those 4.  
In 1987 I appeared (in a non-speaking role) along with Raymond Burr (of Perry Mason fame) in a intro that was filmed for one of the Unsolved Mysteries television specials before it became a regular series hosted by Robert Stack.

I will be available for autographs while on the road.  Thank you.





13 comments:

  1. and I remember Perry Mason; my Mum was a big fan. Congratulations on your moment of fame John (I'm sure there are many more....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you so bad that someone threw a rock at the TV?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool beans! If I'm ever one of four, my luck it will be of the "It really sounded like a freight train" variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't realize you were a TV star~

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh I thought that was you! ;-)

    I'm with the other three. I've never appeared on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha. :)

    i'm one of the other 3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very impressive! Not only on camera, but on camera with a name anyone would recognize. An autograph is definitely appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good.. I was on bowling for dollars when my mom tried to win some cash.... about 40 years ago.. ha ha -
    Love your saying "Live begins at the end of your comfort zone - words to live by.
    Kelly
    I've Become My Mother
    I've Become My Mother facebook

    ReplyDelete
  9. woohoo!! I know a movie star. I was on the radio once.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you kidding, point a camera at me and I'm ducking for cover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big TIME!



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will join you and Tex as being 3 of four, that is if local cable counts!

    Jo in MN

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.