A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Sunday, June 9, 2013

Monday Mural


De Kalb, Texas

Since I showcased the Ricky Nelson Death Plane and Dan Blocker and company this past week, I thought why not show the mural across the street from where the relocated railroad station museum stood.  If you missed the Ricky Nelson post click here and for Dan "Hoss" Blocker from Bonanza click here.

What speaks Texas more than a scene like this?


This was done on a corrugated tin building which must make the effort all the more difficult.

For more Monday Murals go to Oakland Daily Photo






12 comments:

  1. Says Texas to me. You're right about painting on corrugated siding. Must be pretty tricky. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good mural and very clever when painted on that material especially

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps oil drilling. But I agree with you. Texas and" Hit him Pa"

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's really beautiful and very well done - especially considering the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mural! I have a western theme on my Mosaic Monday post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reminds me of a Marlboro ad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This does look like what I think Texas is like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great use of color to help camoflage the tin surface.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.