The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Signs


Vega, Texas

And I had just filled up in the previous town.


The general consensus on the Internet is that 1999 
was the last time gasoline was under a dollar a gallon.
To think this sign has stood here like this for over 14 years.
Darn good paint that has held up well in hot Texas sun.



14 comments:

  1. it obviously was an expense spared by leaving the sign there for prosperity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something to feel nostalgic about....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes a pity that the price is not of the same quality as the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could drop in to that station and fill up. Ha, ha. Long lasting sign, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wooo hooo. wish it was that now.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! how depressing. gas is $4.15 to $4.25 here in Michigan in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how many folks pull in thinking they've hit the mother load.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your blog and your cat looks really nice!

    George

    ReplyDelete
  10. That would be a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to know when it was under a $ a litre here!!

    Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  12. This picture is very good. I look at and think "It's an old Exxon, then I start thinking about the town and the people living there."

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.