The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Covered Bridge


Cottonwood, Alabama

Just a covered bridge on someone's private driveway in rural Alabama.  I am winding down to the end of my pictures from our spring tour through the South.  This one is the last from Alabama.


That is a No Trespassing sign on the left, a security camera sign and birdhouse on the right and a locked gate to the rear.  I bet they have a nice place beyond those woods.



10 comments:

  1. Funny to see such a bridge on a place where you don't expect it. I was always wondering why you should give a bridge a roof. Must be something to do with snow and ice I assume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! and i can appreciate their wish for privacy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I see a private bridge, but it's a nice one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to see covered bridges in real life - especially so after having watched "The bridges of Madison County".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like those covered bridges, but this is a special one for a private user. Nice view in the green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have to have a closer look John...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister loves covered bridges, she always takes pictures of them. This on is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your travel series has been great. I followed all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tour John. It was great.

    How about a pic of Sinbad. Haven't seen him for awhile.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.