The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Monday Mural(s)


Dothan, Alabama

This town, way down at the bottom in the southeast corner of the state
 proved to be a gold mine of murals.  This is just a small sampling.

These four murals pertained to artists in the recording industry.
How many do you recognize?





I didn't get many myself.

This is part of this week's Monday Mural



13 comments:

  1. I don't even try, I don't know any of them. The artist had a lot of work to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well the mural art is in good condition - Pinetops Boogie Woogie - if you like it, have you heard Silvan Zingg's version (YouTube)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How they do it is beyond my knowledge but I like it. By the way I think that I recognize 3 people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was half recognising a few characters in these - it was quite a relief when a definate Ray Charles came up.
    Good murals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i didn't get many either, but pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not many either! But they are great murals anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i got ray charles and george jones. that's it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I beat Tex by one. Add Hank Williams (and possibly Hank Jr., but not certain about jr.)

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic murals. I am still searching, Ray Charles is clear and The Supremes I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There used to be a mural here, I remember when it was being painted.

    I'll have to go see if it's still there and take a picture. It'd make a good post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would probably know more of these people by their voice than their faces!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't feel so bad about not getting many of them! Nice murals though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a treasure trove in a tiny town. I got Ray Charles, George Jones, Bobby Goldsboro, and Waylon Jennings (I think). These murals really make you stop and study them. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.