The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Not Long For This World


Right now, as you read this, somewhere in the middle of Kansas stands this house all by itself, with nothing else around for as far as the eye can see.  Just sitting there.  But for how much longer? 





12 comments:

  1. That is so special to see a house in the middle of nowhere, no fences around. We never see this overhere, to crowded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with bieb. A desolated house in the middle of nowhere not to comprehend here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always full of questions when I see a house like this: Did the partners stay together? Are they in nursing homes somewhere? Passed on?
    How many kids lived there? Did they find their way to college and a good future? Do they ever think about their old home and memories?

    And on she goes,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi John... Wow that is as if it dropped out of the sky at some point many years ago!!
    Sad :( !!
    I do see the gutter's seem to be holding on not like mine they fall
    of haha!!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jo's questions are so valid. My thinking always. When I see this.

    Beautiful land adores around it.

    So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Makes me want to hear the story of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooooo John how did you come to be out in the middle of nowhere with nothing around as far as the eye can see? Did you get lost. LOL

    Sorry had to ask, you don't have to answer.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. One good shove and that could be gone.

    My basic approach to taking pictures is if something makes me look twice I photograph it! Thats what happened with the corner of the building.

    Cheers

    Stewart M - Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  9. no doubt it provided shelter to one or more families in it's day; stories in those walls

    ReplyDelete
  10. My knowledge of Kansas is not large but a house that looks like it's been lifted up and dropped fits into it - there wasn't a pair of legs wearing ruby slippers sticking out from under it by any chance?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.