The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Roy Black


East of Greenville, Alabama

I kind of thought I showed this way back while we were on the road but couldn't find it on my list of postings, so here you are.  This didn't look like it was ever a service station or store of any type.  Perhaps Roy just wanted to let everyone know where he lived.



I like black and white photos but with pictures of the South, they just need to be in color so you can really appreciate how pretty it is there.





11 comments:

  1. Maybe the postman was short sighted!

    Never say never to travel - you cant really tell!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know there was a German schlager singer and actor with this name who died in 1991. Maybe he had a secret home in the US...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed color is better here. Still so much property leaving unattended is beyond me but what do I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting house.
    I can't see the point of shooting black and white. You can easily turn a color photo B&W but not vice versa, so I say shoot color and if you want B&W, you can convert it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. would've been very lovely in its day too; great photos John

    ReplyDelete
  6. funky, but it makes for great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the B&W ones too but that azalea is awesome in color.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful to see John... I like Stewart's comment about the short sighted postman

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI John...Love this set of buildings they have great character and yes needs to be color!!
    Perhaps he was a want to be store owner! ; )
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. No hope for that one. I like the b&w shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not as if we don't have delapitated houses over here or ruins beyond repair, but these wooden houses you occasionally see on your travels seem more poignant. I think being made of wood they decay quicker and still have a sense of the resident while they're half way to gone.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.