The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Monday Mural - Women of the Wiregrass


Dothan, Alabama

Do click on this image to better enjoy the work in the mural.

This is an interesting read telling how each figure in the mural 
represents an aspect in the women of the South.


This will be my last mural for awhile as we will be on the road for the next few go-arounds.

For more Monday Murals go to Oakland Daily Photo



7 comments:

  1. Quite a telling mural. Inspiring too. I have to research the Women of the Wiregrass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely mural, so nice all the women sitting there. Have a nice trip to the Indian Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to be able to read the story behind a mural. This one is wonderful. Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. now that is neat! when i read your opening lines, i thought each woman would be identified as a real person. i like this personification of traits, professions, roles, etc. even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see women appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite part is the ghostly women in the center of the mural. Good to have women recognized even if there is no acknowledgement that they had to fight to patriarchy t o get where they got. Oops, did I say that out loud? Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.