The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday Mural - Chief Eufaula


Dothan Alabama


It is interesting to read the words the chief spoke to the Alabama legislature.  
Sounds to me the words of a man with a broken spirit.

For more murals on Monday Mural go to Oakland Daily Photo






5 comments:

  1. A look at a moment in time. . . .



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^= <3
    > < } } ( ° >
    > < 3 3 3 ( ' >
    ><}}(°> ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find his image to be haunting. Imagine being a chief and having to lead your people out of your ancestral lands. He knew he was defeated and remained dignified in the face of it. Another shameful event in our history with the red man. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sad story, how must he have felt to leave his own grounds which belonged to his people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a much kinder man than i could have been.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.