The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Thursday, October 3, 2013

In the Wind


Everyday the wind will blow out there on the playa without fail.  Some days it does so without mercy.


 It is best to face it head on.

 Walking sideways to it can be a bit awkward.

Better yet, just sit down and let 'er blow.




14 comments:

  1. Great shots of Sinbad in the wind. A big cat's box to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sinbad is such a beautiful cat with all that hair blowing around his head. The angle in the first pictures makes almost a wild animal of him, like a tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have make beautiful pictures!
    Greetings, RW & SK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these pictures of Sinbad especially the last one.

    And wow it is windy isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really looks like he is enjoying the breeze... lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder why you call it Playa. Playa is Spanish for beach. I don't think you're on the beach, because I haven't seen any water...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Again, the last picture is great! He reminds me of an Egyptian statue of a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sinbad looks so regal in that last shot.
    Love the pictures of the wind.
    Loved the comment on my post about the chainsaw and the beaver.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sinbad seems to enjoy the wind! It's amazing how well he stays close to his traveling home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I especially like that last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, those are some great photos! What a cool cat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Someone above said it already, but Sinbad looks positively regal in that last shot!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.