The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Monday Mural - The Steamboat Era

Dothan, Alabama

I'll not grumbled about the backhoe.
(click on the image to view the mural better)

Not as interesting a read as some of the others I have shown, 
probably the third paragraph is the most noteworthy.

For more murals on Monday Mural go to Oakland Daily Photo


10 comments:

  1. that would've made for a leisurely holiday escape I expect for the 'well-healed" in those days

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these historic murals. They give us a glimpse of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome mural and the history behind it was worth reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when a town pays a tribute or two to its beginnings. This one is especially attractive, loader and all!

    Thanks for the feature.

    Jo in MN

    ReplyDelete
  6. i can imagine a 4 day steamboat vacation would have been as exotic as a cruise today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've said it before, but this town is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It would have been a great boat ride!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.