The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Patterns in the Playa




Bigfoot



Were they coming or going?

My little buddy probably wouldn't leave much of a track.

Other than the above picture of Sinbad, one of the pictures is in color and the rest I changed to black and white.  Can you tell which is unchanged?



13 comments:

  1. too hard to tell which photo was unchanged; it sure is dry out there. Is this where Sinbad had made a run for it? Maybe he sensed the 'bigfoot' predator out there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one above the pic of Sinbad. But the crust is missing water. That would give it a totally other appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks almost like art! I think your fifth photo is the colour one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sadly, looks like part of our pond.

    ReplyDelete
  5. in Hawaii I saw footprints like this in lava. Years ago these Hawaiian Warriors tried to walk past a volcano. They died.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe the coming or going pic is in color but it too looks black and white. interesting patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just a guess John but I think it's No.2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simple and beautiful patterns. I like the b&w treatment. There appears to be a smidgen of color in the "coming and going" shot, especially around one of the footprints.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhah! love that one with Sinbad :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovin' that last image! By the way, did you happen to catch a news story that they really do believe big foot exists! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are great... I think the "coming or going" shot has a hint of color in it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.