The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Broken Tree



 This large fir tree split away near the base tumbling down a steep slope.  Just a small sliver of its former massive self was left standing leaving the interior structure of the trunk exposed.



Close by off to the side was a nice collection of bracket fungi.
That is a silk web in the right corner.




9 comments:

  1. shame the demise of the tree, I guess the rest will live on for quite some time still. I love the bracket fungi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nature can give you beautiful photos, like them very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the patterns revealed by the splitting of the trunk. I see that your fungi are beginning to appear; such wonderful shapes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a big CA Pepper tree that split like this. Had a bee infestation in the trunk. Tree is still alive but much smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the texture of the inside of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first shot is beautiful. Nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all interesting shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have the same species of "Bobcat" over here John... have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.