The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Another Fungi Found


  It is pretty dark in the woods where I located this fellow.  I can't really make out too well in the view screen just how the image came out.  These two were the best of the lot.  This is at one tenth of a second with the ISO up to 1000.  That gives an idea as to how little light I have to work with.


Plus I was lying down in all this leaf litter thinking about all of the ticks scrambling towards me.  I can come up with more excuses if you like.  I have a long list to work with.

Some rain "might" come next week.  If so, then mushrooms will soon fall prey to me and my camera.



10 comments:

  1. j'adore c'est magnifique!
    j'aime beaucoup tes photos.
    Merci pour ce partage!
    Nice post! Thanks & Welcome for your comment and visit to my blog.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

  2. With the ISO up so high you still got good shots without the noise factor and I love fungi/mushrooms images so look forward to more of them. Be careful though, of whatever it is that chooses to sneek around while your laying low John! I did pick up a tick behind my ear that caused quite some discomfort for a while - plus there was a Whip snake in the garden this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first sight I thought you had done some baking in the oven, but you did a good job in the woods I see. Mushrooms are very difficult to photograph, close to the ground, you have to bend over and try not to loose your balance. You managed very well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire someone who can use the camera on manual mode and steer it how they want. I just trial and error it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi John... You wouldn't get me on the ground here, or walk through a field of tall grass to get the best shot ever.. tick's really tick me off! : ))
    This mushroom looks to me like a sea monster!! I can even see a mouth and a eye !! I'd be careful out there!! ; )

    Good shot's though !!

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a big ol' spread-out lumpy toad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it amazing at the size and shape and colors that mushrooms come in!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to you capturing your prey. Hope you don't capture ticks.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.