A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Eucalyptus Forest


After passing through an oak woodland

on a little known secret unofficial trail into the far east end of Annadel State Park there lies a small grove of Eucalyptus trees.  Eucalyptus trees are not native to the U.S.  Someone long ago planted them for some purpose.

Some people do not like them.  In addition to being a non-native invasive species of tree, they are a fire hazard.  Plus they'll drop limbs on you unexpectedly also.

I like them.  I like the smell, sound and feel of a Eucalyptus forest plus

  they remind me of where they come from, Australia.

And this will be as close to Australia as I ever will get.




12 comments:

  1. I have once heard that they are used for the water housekeeping in the ground. Now some koala's and the picture is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it John! Glad you felt that connection to the eucalypts. Had you used a fish-eye lens on some photos; I especially like the grand finale shot

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great trees - and the smell on a hot summers day reminds me of the cough and cold treatments my mum used when I was a kid!!

    Glad you liked our trees!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just learned something from your blog...I did not know there were any Eucalyptus trees in the states! Your last two shots are really nice....something different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's neat! would love to smell them. closest i'll get is a cough drop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, those are gorgeous photos! I love Eucalyptus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some cool shots. I love you fish eye views.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful images John... I have some locally but just the odd single tree in someone's private garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These shots are great. I think I would like a Eucalyptus forest...a yummy odor...but I would not want a limb to fall on me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi John... Nope that eucalyptus get me into an allergy fit. hate the stuff!!
    You sure did make some interesting photo's with them tree's though!!
    Those last two are real cool!!
    I think they need a Panda Bear! lol

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.