The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

An Unwanted Early Christmas Gift


I checked the trail heads several times after finding that knife a couple weeks ago.  I never saw a note.  
So I guess the knife is mine.  I got a sheath for it off of eBay.

I am not a knife guy and it isn't like I am going to go hiking about with this hanging off my hip.  
Its like getting a Christmas gift that you really don't have any use for.
Oh well, thank you whoever you are who lost it.
Hopefully you'll find a new knife under the tree Christmas morning.
I am hiking again today.  What will I find this time?







8 comments:

  1. Ha now you have something to open all your e-mails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks rather new now with the sheath on. Sorry you coudn't find the owne, he must be desperate:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's in a good home now and well preserved at least; you tried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the previous owner hasn't a clue where he lost it! I'm sure you'll find it useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, maybe you'll find someone to gift it to some day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two knives very much like that -- the leather layered handle is the give away -- yours could easily be more than 50 years old because the ones I have (mine and my father's) are both a good 60 years old.

    Just seeing the image brought back a lot of father/son memories. Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers,
    Peter
    A retired photographer looks at life from behind an RV steering wheel.
    Life Unscripted

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure it will come in handy some day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe one day you will protect Sinbad with it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.