The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Scary Weather


 "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." - E.B. White


It has been so warm here lately that even frost cannot succeed in forming anymore.

Scary stuff for end of December weather.

These photos were taken two weeks ago when conditions were like they are supposed to be here.




7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't bother that the cold keeps away. You never know when it hits back. Here we have high temperatures too and a lot of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great insight from E. B. White; I wonder how old that quote is? Nice nature photos John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good shots. I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its really warm here in Pa today too. Pics are still beautiful. Pet Sinbad for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unusally warm here too. One our trees has little buds on it already. I am sure the next frost will kill them off.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.