The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Monday, January 20, 2014

A Tree


"Except during the nine months before he draws his first breath, no man manages his affairs as well as a tree does." - George Bernard Shaw

Just a lone eucalyptus tree.  
Nothing special about it except for those who call it home, then it is pretty special.





9 comments:

  1. ...and home is where the heart is - nice photo and quotation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody must have brought these trees here. They are not a normal american tree I think. Otherwise you should also have koala's in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm going to be thinking of this all day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i posted a lone tree today as well. one of my favorite subjects/things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These we all over the lake where I was born.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do believe that tree may be a long way from home - When you see trees like this, by their thousands, spreading over hills to the horizon there is only now place you can be. You should visit!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, this is what call one purdy picture. No snow falling there. It is STILL falling here. Like your quotation.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.