The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Ebb Tide


"Nothing is wrong with California that a rise in ocean level wouldn't cure." - Ross MacDonald
(I couldn't resist that one)
I became fascinated by the ebb tide.  


The white foam edge along the grey sand.

Okay, I got a little bit carried away with it.


Fortunately the tide didn't carry me away.



12 comments:

  1. A detail from a common sight. It stays impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. neat pics John ... the ocean is quite mesmerizing watching all it's emotions (and motions...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many people take a walk along the beach to get some relief or to sort out their thoughts. To look at the tides creates peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the quote was too funny. :) as are you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to walk along the edge of the sea too. My father always used to say that there was nothing wrong with me that a good bang on the head wouldn't cure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this series of photos, John. I can almost imagine it in motion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beach is this? I like the pebble beach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great quote! Something kind of magical about sea foam on the sand. Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.