The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, January 3, 2014

From Whom We Learn


"Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books." - John Lubbock




9 comments:

  1. A Beautiful shot with stunning reflections.
    I really like this John !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quote is so true, Sadly, most North Americans live in cities or suburbs, and so rarely notice the sky, woods, fields, lakes and rivers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid, my friends and I practically lived in the woods, building forts and dams and treehouses. Kids today just get on the internet.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are never to old to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...a lovely scene John; I see photos and just wish I could be there in that moment too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to be sitting there looking at this view. I would be wanting my fishing rod, of course, but I would want to just sit some, too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.