The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Getting Along With One and the Other


"Everything in nature invites us constantly to be what we are." - Gretel Ehrlich

Unfortunately mankind has never followed this thought and will continue to quarrel to the very end.
The role of predator and prey aside, I am always gladden to see different species in nature coexisting together peaceably.  Too bad we cannot.




9 comments:

  1. really like these location shots John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blue water and the peaceful setting. Also the fact that when you make a bike tour that this is what you see. Stunning landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soothing Shots. Doesn't look like winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, myself, always wondered why we there had to be carnivores and omnivores...it has always bothered me to watch nature shows and see the animals catch their pray...and now in my older age I cannot stand to watch.

    Yet I eat meat every day almost....so there you go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the rich colors in the backdrop, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I certainly agree on getting along together. You use a good example.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Most of us get along together, don't we? it's just a few who spoil it for everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so pretty. I could not have said it any better.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.