A Traveler and his Cat exploring America.





Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ocean


"How inappropriate to call call this planet Earth when it it quite clearly Ocean." - Arthur C. Clarke

I took my camera for a drive out to the coast yesterday.  We returned home with a few pictures.  
Now you won't have to look at mushrooms and fungi for awhile.


The weather out there was ideal.  No wind and a comfortable temperature.  I wore a flannel shirt and that is unheard of for me in the month of January.

 Only thing was that it was high tide and I was unable to get to the tide pools or any driftwood and had to be constantly aware of getting drenched unexpectedly.




13 comments:

  1. Yes it a great difference with your other forest photo's. Much more life and movement here. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a big change for you John!! Very refreshing. I've been away from the sea since the six-week long school holidays started. I will make it down the coast again before much longer for my dose of salt air, and hopefully some waders ....or more. Getting carried away now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm about to prepare some mushrooms for my lunch, but your coastal pictures are a real treat too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots. I posted the quote on my FB page; "How inappropriate to call call this planet Earth when it it quite clearly Ocean." - Arthur C. Clarke

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been really nice weather to visit the beach, but those sneaker waves aren't called that for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely not a view i get to see here! keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like such a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, John, you are genuinely a fun-gi. Say hello to Sinbad for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. John,
    Thanks for these lovely photos.
    I have not (yet) been to an ocean with rocks in it. I would like to visit CA, sometime and check it out.
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will never complain of mushroom pics...i always think they are so interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.