The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Painting on the Edge


I saw this artist as I was driving along the narrow winding coast road, whipped a U-turn and took a few pictures of him at work, or rather at his pleasure.



I admire artists that can get out there and do their thing in the wide open...with people pestering you, looking over your shoulder and wanting to take pictures of you. 



11 comments:

  1. Piece by piece, the pixels filled with dye. However, a very different process than with light and a digital sensor. Here it is important to find the right touch. But both make a memento. Thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. i'm not one of them. leave me in peace and don't watch and judge my work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give it a try, maybe it is inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fine way to spend some time in California - not such a good idea here, at least not till the summer. Really like the composition of the second picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of art, have you been doing any more?

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks like he didn't mind and he was doing a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would love to be able to paint what I see. The artist seems to be doing a masterful job.
    Beautiful day on the coastline.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That made me stop. Both the coastline and the artist and his work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a way to get away - painting requires a concentration that filters out many of the daily distractions - despite people looking over your shoulder.

    Winston Churchill became quite a fine painter with oils. Many have commented that he could have just as easily made a career of painting as politics or writing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great a great capture. what a breath-taking view <3 the ocean and grateful to be by its side everyday

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.