The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Stacked Living Spaces


"To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is the most perfect refreshment." - Jane Austin

When I see fungi growing in this fashion I think of present day condominiums or ancient cliff dwellings.  

Moving in closer my thoughts change to entire communities or cities of a sci-fi world.

Then again, maybe I've inhaled too many mushroom and fungi spores and it's affecting my imagination.



15 comments:

  1. Yes nice city of condominiums. It looks also a bit of cities in some sf movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a kind of stairway to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...yes, the ancient cliff dwellings John

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee hee...
    A whole new take on "cliff dwellers"...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always felt that way about conch growths on trees. There are so many varieties, too. When I was a girl, I used to take these from the trees, let them dry, and paint on the white area. They were quite beautiful. lol Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great, John. I've never had good luck with them. I'll keep trying. They call those first two "Artists Conk", but am unsure why.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops... Blogger decided to post my comment twice, for some unknown reason.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha on the inhaling too many mushroom spores, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belles prises de vue! Bon week-end- Cath.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some really cool condos John. They do sorta look like high rise apts.

    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are little squirrel steps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These fungi are the ones that really draw out the creative and imaginative juices. They are beautiful. I think they are every bit as pretty as the mushrooms we see on the ground.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.