The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Gifts or Souvenirs Anyone?


Things to buy at wine tasting rooms.
Don't pay much attention to the strange colors as I was playing with some of the effects available with the iPad app.  It's not really my thing and you probably will not see much of it in the future but I just wanted to see what it looked like on the big screen.


Detailed candles to look like a pine cone.  Do you really want to set a match to these?

Yes, things were pricey.

But if you are willing to pay upwards to $100 for a bottle of wine then these gifts are nothing.

Some had art for sale like this 11x14 photograph.  I didn't mess with the colors on this as I wanted to present it in its true form except I did add the frame.  Price?  $250.  
Not that special for such a price in my opinion.

This is a cycling jersey and that is the name of the winery.  I thought these were wonderful - a jersey with wine stains on them.  Then as I looked closer I saw they were grape leaves instead of stains.  Disappointment.  I mentioned to the owner what my initial impression was and how I thought that was a great idea only to eventually see otherwise.  He agreed and I left him standing there thinking about it.  I probably left a multi-dollar money making idea with the man.  I'll take 10% thank you. 

 No price on this piece.  Just as well.  Oh, I'm not nice.


This app, adding words to a snapshot isn't bad.  I may use this feature when he hit the road again.





11 comments:

  1. I bet you didn't buy anything there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now we have a good idea how a winery looks inside. Thanks for the view and your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like the photograph and it was too expensive.
    I wonder who would pay $250 for it...
    Apps effects are not my thing, but maybe I should try taking pictures with my iPad also. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a nice account of your outing John and I liked the shirt/top - I can see why you might've thought it the wine-stains though

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're right - wine stains would be VERY cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do such neat things with your phone! I'm thinking I don't need to buy anything there right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of a vineyard selling bike jerseys. Also like the app for adding a title to the pix. I once bought an app, but I put it in my jeans pocket and accidentally ran it through the wash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If that photo was worth $250, I would like to know what some of ours are worth. But you know, I find that all the time on the web.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would just come home with wine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No offense, but there's nothing worse than a candle that's too pretty to burn. You go to the store, you buy the cheapest candles that fit the candleholder, and that's it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.