The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Mislaid Plans


After the rains we had a week or so ago, I should get up into the woods and look for some of these little devils.  Each day I think I ought to that then something comes up and gets in my way of doing so.  
Maybe tomorrow.





8 comments:

Carole M. said...

I really like the first image; it would be fun to find these and get your macro shots John

s.c said...

Yes the way nature cleans up. It takes some time but it works. Every kind of material its own cleaner. Nice macro shots.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Ah, yes. If I had a pound for every plan I'd mislaid....

TexWisGirl said...

i always like your 'shrooms. :)

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Looking forward to photos from your next outing.

Randy said...

These are nice ones.

EG CameraGirl said...

I saw some fungi yesterday that dearly wanted to photograph but I would have been up to my knees in a snow drift to get close enough. These are lovely shots.

John W. Wall said...

These are oyster mushrooms, in case you're interested. Edible and considered pretty good, but you only want 'em fresh.