The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What Are These?


Hint: at a winery

I was there and I don't even know.

My guess clamps for hoses and lines from the vats in transferring wine 
from one storage place to another.
I think they would fit in with the Spanish Inquisition quite nicely.


14 comments:

s.c said...

I don't associate this with a winery but what do I know. The world is full of surprises if you like it or not. Thanks for showing.

Stewart M said...

Clamps seems a good guess - but it all seems a long way from back-yard wine making!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

biebkriebels said...

They look like handcuffes, never knew making wine was so creepy.

Carole M. said...

I would've have had a clue either

TexWisGirl said...

some serious handcuffery! :)

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Handcuffs for a one-armed man then.

Louis la Vache said...

HAHAHAHA!!!
Re: "Spanish Inquisition" - «Louis'» thoughts exactly!

EG CameraGirl said...

I was thinking handcuffs too. Hmmmm.

Rose said...

We had something similar on the pump that pumped the pulp out when making cider. It connected metal pieces together...there was a gasket between the metal parts of course.

Raggedy Creations said...

look like handcuffs to me.

Randy said...

I thought they were big corkscrews.

Chandra said...

From a distance, they looked like keychains/key rings. But I see what they are, upon 'close examination' :)

Peace :)

Cath H.C Photographie said...

Superbes prises de vue.
Have a nice day!

Sandy's witterings said...

I've no idea either. At least there will be a good supply of wine to sip while you contemplate the matter - looks like it might be more than a one glass problem :)