The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Caution, Rant Ahead


   These obnoxious stretch limousines are all too common in my area for after all this is California Wine Country.  But get a load of this numb-nut parking like this in front of Best Buy.  Look closely back by the rear wheel and you can see a cement bump-stop for the handicap parking spot on the other side of the sign.  He had to of driven over it with the front wheel in order to get in this position.  Now add to that he is in a No Parking area with the front half of the car.  He does have a handicap placard hanging from the rear view mirror but still...this is just so wrong.  Stop in front of the store, let your handicap patron out of the car then go park your behemoth out in the back forty!
   Also consider the inconsiderate shopper who left his cart in the handicap parking spot.  How is a handicapped driver suppose to deal with that?  I swear, if I were a handicapped driver I'd have something just short of a tank to drive.  Then I'd just plow into cars and shopping carts in my way and park my tank.  I'll not get started on all the so-called "handicapped" drivers who are clearly capable and abusing the system by having a placard just so that they can get the premium up close parking spots.

End of rant.  Have a nice day.



11 comments:

  1. ...letting off steam here too John

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bigger the ego, the nastier the behavior. That has mankind in common all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you John. This is pretty pathetic. The front end of the car is parked where someone would get out of the van if they were parked where the shopping cart is. Yeah there is better names for this guy than numb nut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you feel better now? :)

    i try not to judge those i see w/ placards that appear to be walking fine. they may have breathing difficulties that may hinder their ability to walk a long distance. or who knows? either way, i figure i'm healthy and grateful for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said. I'm sure most people would agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in total agreement with you on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't see them too often here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! You wrote the rant «Louis» has OFTEN thought about writing! Cheers to you! The one that REALLY nettles him are those Lexus drivers of (ahem) a certain group with the placards. You see them get out of their car and you immediately see the only handicap they have is their consideration for the truly handicapped, which is to say no consideration at all! GRRRRR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tex is right about the breathing difficulties for some...but I know abuse does go on.

    The limo having to park there is like semis having to park close to a restaurant. My father in law who was a truck driver got so irritated with the newer truck drivers...he and his age group always left the up close parking for the cars.

    Also, my MIL had the handicapped parking and she would try to get us to use it if we were stopping and one of us just going to run in...I didn't mind if she was going in, but no, not going to use it till I can run in. In fact, unless it is raining, or bitter, bitter cold, I don't care if I have to park at a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your 'rant' is so justified. This is so wrong!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.