The test of an adventure is that when you are in the middle of it, you say to yourself, "Oh, now I've got myself into an awful mess; I wish I were sitting quietly at home." And the sign that something is wrong with you is when you sit quietly at home wishing you were out having lots of adventure. -Thornton Wilder

The nice thing about being confused is you get a chance to notice things a lot better than if you knew where you were going.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Old Leica Camera


While drawing the violin I was thinking what to do next?  An old camera came to mind.  


The white portion is 4 1/2 inches x 6 1/2 inches to give you size reference.  
That's 11.4cm x 16.5 cm for you all in the rest of the world.

That's it for awhile.  I'm setting my pens to the side as Sinbad and I prepare for our upcoming road trip.




10 comments:

  1. so much intricate detail as I read into this latest drawing from you John; I'm in awe. Are you using fine-art-pen, or pencils only? I really enjoy seeing these and I realize how much time and attention is needed, so I'm really pleased you take the time. Enjoy your new plans ahead for another road trip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make such nice detailed drawings, love to see them. On the road again? I am curious to see where to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great drawing again and that of one of the most famous camera's. I agree with Bieb curious were you and Sinbad are going this time and all the stories that come from the trip. Have a nice time doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should take your sketching pens/pencils on your road trip. There is no telling what you might see that you would want to draw. This one is another beauty. So much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your attention to details!

    Oh goody! You and Sinbad are off again on an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really, REALLY well-done! gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it's F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!!!
    I'm sure many photographers or photography lovers would like to have a beautiful work like this!
    Well done John! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I like this! Really nice.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate my commenters. Thank you. Sometimes you may ask a question which I am all too happy to answer. But if your comment comes in as Betsy-noreply-comment - I cannot reply back. Change you comment settings to include an e-mail address and then bloggers can reply.